1. Search of the Lost Chord, On the Threshold of a Dream, To Our Children's Children's Children .....by the Moody Blues. These three are tied for number one on my list as they are the very best of the best. Each contains the simplicity and the complexity of mankind in their lyrics and the music soothes the soul and can make the spirit soar.
2. Deja Vu.....by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. The merging of Canadian, American, and British thinking created some of the best music around and still does. This is a classic must have and if you find some songs a bit dated just listen to the harmonies, they cant be beat.
3. The Girl from Ipanema....Stan Getz and Joao Gilberto with Astrud Gilberto. Amazing music that transcended language. The ultimate in warm cool, this jazz cd made more babies around the world than any other. Great for the bedroom or an intimate dinner party.
4. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band....Beatles. Enough said.
5. Rumours.....Fleetwood Mac. Again, enough said.
6. After the Gold Rush....Neil Young. I used to know him when he was a kid just starting out and playing coffee houses and high school gyms. He still keeps in contact with some people here though I doubt if he would remember me.
7. All of the Doors Recordings...every bit of music they produced, I just love. I still think Jim may be alive but that dont matter; it is the music that is important.
8. Tugboat Annie....Heart. Saw them twice live in the past couple of years and wow they still can make my spine tingle.
9. Be Yourself Tonight..... Eurythmics. Annie Lennox has a very special voice and is a very special person.
10. Sprach Zarathustra, Richard Strauss....Herbert von Karajan. Famous for the opening of 2001 Space Odyssey, this recording opened the doors for a new generation of classical music listeners and it likely saved many smaller market symphony orchestras.
11. A Kind of Magic....Queen. When I first heard the Show Must Go On and Who Wants to Live Forever....I must say I got choked. If music can capture the emotions of mankind then Queen is right up there.
12. Simply the Best....Tina Turner. She has made us pant and dance up a storm for years. Great music with a beat and a voice that you cant forget.
13. Moondance.....Van Morrison. Yep, just rocks your soul.
14. Bodyguard....Whitney Houston. Puts the romance back in your soul where it belongs........so yep, I would dance with her.
15. Bookends....Simon and Garfunkel. Lets find America again shall we?
16. Imagine.....John Lennon. Enough said.
17. Retrospective.....Best of the Buffalo Springfield. No one was more into thinking music than Neil Young.
18. Far Side of the Moon....Pink Floyd. This amazing group silenced everyone with this LP and showed their musical genius.
19. Eurythmics Greatest Hits....Eurythmics. Annie Lennox has such a powerful voice and is such a good person. Nice combination.
20. Dixie Chicks....Any of them. I saw the Dixie Chicks live in Calgary and it was amazing. I have not seen or heard that kind of star power since the Beatles. Oh, and they delivered the goods.
21. Jammin'....Bob Marley. Brothers, Sisters lets get together cause I dont care what your skin colour is but I do care about your thinking and your heart.
22. Hot Buttered Soul....Issac Hayes. So hot it drips. We will miss him.
23. A Very Fine Love....Dusty Springfield. Has such a voice and such insight so trust me when I say, I will always take it easy on you.
24. I Love You....Diana Ross. Diana has come full circle and her latest recording is wonderful to listen to.
25. Are you Experienced....Jimi Hendrix. He truly became one with his guitar in the most magical of ways.
26. Abraxas....Santana. Turned on a whole generation to a different beat and his guitar playing made you get up and dance.
27. Tapestry...Carole King. The best songwriter maybe ever.
28. Odessey and Oracle.....the Zombies. Another must have classic.
29. Face the Music....ELO. If you have noticed most every recording I mentioned lifts the soul.
30. Road to Hell....Chris Rea. If I wished for a singers voice it would be his and this man has something to say.
31. A Star is Born.... Barbara Streisand. This sweetheart understands romance and most all her music reflects her soul.