Welcome Guest Login or Signup
BIRTHDAYS | CLOUDEIGHT COMPUTER CARE | LIVE CHAT | BOOKMARK
| LANGUAGE:

FORUM
C-MEDIA AC97 AUDIO DEVICE CODE 10
Total Views: 549 - Total Replies: 13
Feb 03 2012, 1:34 pm - By sparks505

Private Message

I Was Doing Some Work On My Daughters Computer And I Was In Add And Remove Programs And I Removed By Mistake C-media Ac97 Audio Device. Now When I Try And Fix It I'm Running Into All Kinds Of Problems. (nothing Words)

Right Now It Reads C-media Ac97 Audio Device Code 10 Error.

Does Anyone Know How I Can Repair This So She Has Sound Again.

Thank You All Very Much
Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Windows XP

At&t internet hook-up

Yahoo email

I PRAY FOR ALL OF YOU EVERYDAY. GOD BLESS YOU ALL. LEE

Feb 03 2012, 2:55 pm - Replied by: Altara33606

Private Message

The only thing I can think of is to go to 'their' site & download the drivers again.  And, of course, go to their support & see what Code 10 Error is. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Feb 04 2012, 12:44 pm - Replied by: Altara33606

Private Message

Check out this page...read ALL the posts, because I found something farther down where the person posting DID find their problem & got it fixed.  Good luck: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/83060-45-media-ac97-audio-device-error

Feb 04 2012, 2:24 pm - Replied by: sparks505

Private Message

IS THE MOTHER BOARD CD THE ONE THAT UPDATES THE DRIVERS.   I CAN'T FIND JUST A DRIVER UPDATE CD

Feb 04 2012, 2:41 pm - Replied by: Altara33606

Private Message

I'm not really sure. I've never had that sort of problem, even after doing a complete System Recovery. but...here is another site that can show you  how to find the right drivers.  http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000660.htm

Feb 04 2012, 2:44 pm - Replied by: Altara33606

Private Message

Mine didn't come with any CD's....but I see you are talking about an XP.

According to that article...you should reboot AFTER uninstalling (you said you'd uninstalled this & reinstalled).  Let Windows 'detect' the sound system on its own. See if that helps.     That article also gives you where/how to find the right drivers, if needed.   

Apparently, this problem comes up AFTER a System Recovery. If that's what you did...you may have to do another Sys Rec  & see if that installs it 'right'. 

Feb 04 2012, 2:47 pm - Replied by: sparks505

Private Message

I HAVE DONE ALL THAT.   I'M READY TO PULL MY HAIR OUT.  LOL

I JUST FOUND OUT THAT YES THE MOTHER BOARD CD IS THE ONE WITH THE DRIVERS ON IT.   BUT WHEN I PUT THE CD IN NOTHING HAPPENS.  I WAS TOLD A POPUP MENU WOULD COME UP AND I COULD TELL IT TO UPDATE THE DRIVERS.  BUT NO LUCK WITH THAT EITHER.  

Feb 04 2012, 2:48 pm - Replied by: sparks505

Private Message

I HAVE DONE MANY SYSTER RESTORES.   NO LUCK WITH THAT EITHER.

Feb 04 2012, 2:51 pm - Replied by: Altara33606

Private Message

I didnt mean 'system restore'...I mean a complete System Recovery: where you totally wipe the hard drive & everything that came with the computer is re-installed again.

DONT do that if you don't need to.  but..if that's what you did that caused this problem, then you'll probably need to do it again. 

Ok, if you do have a cd...when you put it in, try going to My computer...find that CD &  try a right click to see if you can 'find' the option to Update the drivers. 

Feb 04 2012, 2:53 pm - Replied by: sparks505

Private Message

WE JUST GOT THE COMPUTER BACK A FEW WEEKS AGO.  THE SHOP DID THAT.

LOL     I JUST HATE TO PAY AGAIN.

Feb 04 2012, 2:56 pm - Replied by: Altara33606

Private Message

Aha...ok, if the sound hasn't worked since you got it back, then the shop should 'fix' it for you, no charge.

Smileycons  -  FolderMagic  -  CalendarPal  -  Cloudeight Stationery  -   NotOverTheHill Powered by M3Server.com