No Nursing Home for Me!
About 2 years ago my husband and I were on a cruise through the western Mediterranean aboard a Princess liner.
At dinner we noticed an elderly lady sitting alone by the rail of the grand staircase in the main dining room.
I also noticed that all the staff, ships officers, waiters, busboys, etc., all seemed very familiar with this lady.
I asked our waiter who the lady was, expecting to be told she owned the liner, but he said he only knew that she had been on board for the last 4 cruises, back to back.
As we left the dining room one evening I caught her eye and stopped to say hello. We chatted and I said, "I understand you've been on the ship for the last 4 cruises". She replied, "Yes, that's true"
I stated "I don't understand"and she replied without a pause, "It's cheaper than a nursing home".
So, there will be no nursing homes in my future. When I get old and feeble, I am going to get on a Princess Cruise Ship.
The average cost for a nursing home is $200 per day.
I have checked on reservations at Princess and I can get a long term and senior discount price of $135 per day. That leaves $65 a day for:
- Gratuities which will only be $10 per day
- I will have as many as 10 meals a day if I can waddle to the restaurant or I can have room service (which means I can have breakfast in bed every day of the week!)
- Princess has as many as 3 swimming pools, workout rooms, free washers and dryers, and shows at night.
- They have free toothpaste,razors,free soap and shampoo.
- They even treat you like a customer not a patient. An extra $5 worth of tips will have the entire staff scrambling to help you.
- I will get to meet new people every 7 to 14 days.
- T.V. broken? Light bulb needs changing? Need to have a mattress replaced? No problem! They fix everything and apologise for the inconvenience.
- Clean sheets and towels every day and you don't even have to ask for them.
- If you fall in a nursing home and break a hip you are on Medicare; fall and break a hip on the Princess Ship you will be upgraded to a suite for the rest of your life.
Now hold on for the best! Do you want to see South America, The Panama Canal, Tahiti, Australia, New Zealand, Asia or name where you want to go? Princess will have a ship ready to go.... so don't look for me in a nursing home, just call shore to ship.
PS If you die they just toss your body over the side of the boat!
Tags: Cruise Nursing Home Ship Old